I want a do-over this year. I feel like since the 1st of the year we have been through so much already. On one hand I feel like it should be much later than February and on the other hand I can't believe it's already Feb.
This week started out great with the fridge finally breaking down. We really have been waiting for it to happen. It was here when we moved in 8 years ago and who knows how long before that. It is noisy and seemed to have a problem with the motor, we could hear condensation dripping on the motor at times. Anyway thank goodness it happened in the middle of a deep freeze, the food is now nicely placed in boxes on the garage floor. Gets mighty cold out there. Now just to find a affordable fridge that will fit in the small area under the cabinet.
We're still in the middle of a pleasant dog disagreement with the neighbors. There's really no other way to put it. Vindictive, crazy people is a nice way to describe them.
I've been trying to get the house less cluttered and more organized. It gets frustrating because I don't have much motivation to start such a big project. I know I need to start small but when I survey the mess I just want to throw everything out.
All my stupid worries seem so small though compared to the big picture. My friend, Jacque passed away Tuesday night from cancer. We just met in Oct and started a clincial trial tgh. She developed brain lesions in Jan. of this year and things started looking okay a few weeks back. We were thinking the brain radiation worked and her lung lesions seemed to be dying on her last scan. She went to the hospital last week and came home on Tuesday on hospice care. I don't know what to say or think. I'm so sad and heartbroken for her family. Cancer is so unfair. I'm am very grateful to be where I am in my treatment. Almost 3 years out of a Stage IV diagnosis of melanoma is fantastic, I know that. But why? Why am I so lucky? Why do I get to continue to be here and Jacque doesn't? I don't have the answers and nobody else does either. Bottom line is Cancer Sucks big time. I hate that anyone has to deal with it in their lifetime.
Sooooo
13 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment