BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my big K-man today! 3 years old!
3 years ago yesterday I was trying to get myself to go into labor. Kel was 10 days overdue and I did not want an induction. After a Dr's appt. Friday morning me and Lynzi went walking around the library and Hyvee. We had mexican food for lunch!

After a few small contractions we went home and chilled till Derek got home. We decided to go out to dinner at Herb 'N Lous in town. Gma came and sat with sissy while we had more mexican food!

At 2 am I woke with a start, in full, active, painful labor! The next hour and 14 minutes are a blur. I tried timing contractions but they were too close. I showered and woke up Derek and told him we better call an ambulance unless he wanted to deliver the baby in the living room. My water broke before the ambulance got to the house and after that is really crazy. I got into the ambulance, Derek and my mom and Lynzi were in the car behind. I believe Derek called my doula, Jun-Nicole at that point to meet us at the hospital thinking I'd be in labor for some time.
After being in the ambulance for just a few minutes I told them I NEEDED to push. They asked me to wait till we got to the hospital, I said NOPE! I pushed twice and there he was!
We pulled into the hospital a few minutes later and they wisked Kellen off to the nursery. I wish I would have had my wits about me to ask to see him but I was just happy he finally came!
Jun-Nicole met me in recovery as did Derek, Lynzi and my mom. They were all confused about why I was so calm and quite all of a sudden. They then realized I had already delivered Kellen so they headed to the nursery to see him. He was a big boy at 9 lbs, 15 1/2 ounces. I think that's close enough to call it 10 lbs!

The next 3 years haven't been quite as exciting but it sure has been fun.

Kellen, you are an awesome big boy! You are so loving and sweet but you also have a rough side. It's a rare day when you aren't climbing on the recliner and jumping off the couch. You love and and admire your big sister desperately. You're becoming more independant and you must do everything by yourself!
I can't wait to see what this next year brings!







0 comments: